Science, Engineering, AI & Data Ethics | Science Technology・AI Ethics
Want to learn how to identify and solve every day ethical issues in engineering, science and Artificial Intelligence (AI)? If yes, this is the course for you! Ethics plays an integral role when it comes to engineering and science practice and recently is impacted by AI and big data analysis. This course originally released in 2017 teaches traditional preventive engineering ethics but emphasizes aspirational ethics. A new module was added that covers the topics of AI and Data ethics, which engineers and scientists also need to understand.
The learning objectives of this course are as follows:
- recognize the significant social and environmental impact of engineering/scientific solutions.
- apply a practical seven-step ethical guide to real-world cases.
- critique, analyze, and develop best ethical solutions across micro- to meta- levels toward real-world problems.
- understand how one behaves in an organization professionally as an ethical engineer.
- learn how to apply ethical principles on advanced technologies like artificial intelligence.
- understand different AI related ethical guidelines and how to apply them.
- grasp how AI related ethical & technical standards are influenced by bias, trade-offs and norms
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Unit 1: Why is Engineering Ethics a Current Focus of Attention?
- Unit 2: Engineer Ethical Thinking
- Unit 3: Seven-step Guide to Ethical Decision Making
- Unit 4: How Should Scientists and Engineers Make Ethical Decisions?
- Unit 5: Researcher Ethics
- Unit 6: Engineering Ethics 2.0
- Unit 7: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Ethics
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Tokyo Institute of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
2–4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The social and environmental impact engineering has on society
- Aspirational ethics and preventive ethics
- Values which scientists and engineers share
- A method for ethical decision making
- Case analysis skills
- AI and Data ethics
- AI for Social Good
- AI and Data guidelines
- Blackbox model
Through this course, you will learn:
- Impact of technological solutions on human society and the environment
- “Oriented Ethics” and “Preventive Ethics”
- Values that Scientists Should Share
- How to make ethical decisions
- case analysis skills
- AI and data ethics
- AI and Data Ethics Guidelines
- black box model
- AI for social good
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...