Principles of Health Law and Regulatory Issues
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500
Executives in healthcare systems must have an understanding of healthcare legal and regulatory issues surrounding finance and risk as well as compliance within the law in order to navigate and change the system.
This course is a survey course that covers a wide range of important issues in health law.
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program. For an introduction to lifestyle medicine, see the Lifestyle Medicine Competencies Professional Certificate program.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a healthcare related field
- Basic understanding of economics and finance
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Discuss health law and how it shapes physician-patient relations
- Explore the subgroup of laws that control access to health care
- Examine the principles of informed consent for medical treatment
- Evaluation of basic medical malpractice suits
- Examine bioethics in healthcare
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...