Platform Product Essentials
Delivering a platform solution for your business in a “clicks not code environment” seems easy. However the drag and drop interface of the technology isn’t the hard part. This is a course that will help you focus on the real difficulty in platform implementation, the structure of your business and its people. We will explore the benefits of low-code application development vs no-code development and how these tools are surpassing traditional development as the gold standard for custom applications. Our classes will showcase the low-code app development on the google platform and show you how to leverage LC/NC apis to leverage the functionality of tools like Zapier to connect your platform applications. All with little to no coding knowledge.
This fun and engaging course will take a foundational look at the necessary elements to successfully transform your business with the right platform. Starting with establishing a foundational understanding of LCNC tools and taking a look at the landscape of platforms in the market. Participants will get a taste of how citizen developers and professional developers can collaborate to build productive low-code applications. We will then introduce the four pillars model as a tool that will provide clarity for all of the critical elements that are involved in your implementation. We will also highlight some real world use cases where LC/NC applications have been built successfully and where application development has failed.
Historically, traditional implementation models utilize project management techniques to deliver solutions. Throw your PMBOK (project management body of knowledge) out the window. We are no longer running a project. Our platform is now a product and you are on the road to your digital transformation.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Week 1: A brief history of software development. What is LC/NC and how did we get here?
- Week 2: Lining up Your Business. Ensuring the foundational elements are in place for your platform to revolutionize your business and to meet your business needs and streamline delivery.
- Week 3: Putting your team to work. How to get the most out of your functional team and development teams to make sure your platform has the support it needs to transform your business.
- Week 4: Selecting the Right Tool: A primer of some LCNC platforms. How to navigate the landscape and pick the best tool for you. We will focus on low-code application platform enhancement models and their user interfaces.
- Week 5: Getting the Support you need. How to select a System Integrator, put them to work and achieve the results you're looking for.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Some history of software development, on premise application and hosted cloud solutions
- low-code vs no-code vs high-code (and what is mid-code?)
- The importance and value of LCNC platforms
- The foundation of platform management
- The four pillars of platform management
- Ensuring your are ready for success
- Selecting a software vendor to ensure scalability
- Different Pricing models for vendor support
- How to structure your team
- Defining a business process
- How and when to get outside assistance
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...