Platform Product Development
Are you someone who likes to “tinker with technology” but don’t know anything about writing code? This class will satisfy that excitement by diving head first into a number of well known Low Code/No Code (LCNC) platforms. Showing you just enough to get you interested to see more.
We will cover exciting topics like data modeling best practices, creating a solid and consistent user experience and building automations your users will love. We will also touch on some of the LCNC strategies in support of integrations and discuss strategies for managing data sources.
In the first course (Platform Product Essentials) , we discussed some of the history of LCNC platforms and the roles of the key players that support your success. This class is all about building applications. Students will be asked to dive into a LCNC tool and define and build a LCNC app using the methodologies provided.
This course will consist of the following lectures:
Getting to know your application Pt1. What are the core tenants of your selected platform and how do they work?
Getting to know your application Pt2. How far can you customize your application before it breaks? And what happens when it does?
Data Sources. What is your data and where does it come from?
Data Modeling. Ensuring consistency in your data.
User Experience. If your user needs instructions you are doing something wrong
Upon completion of this course you will be able to further delve into the inner workings of your selected platform.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Week 1: Getting to Know your Application Part 1 (Functional). A Primer of automations and business processing for your platform.
- Week 2: Getting to know your Application Part 2 (Technical). Diving into the Low Code side of LCNC.
- Week 3: Data Sources and Automation. How to ensure the data generated is useful and productive to support your business transformation.
- Week 4: Data Modeling and User Experience. Providing the right messages back to the users and structuring your data will revolutionize how business is done.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to define and understand the core tenants of your LCNC platform.
- How to leverage LCNC platforms to integrate business systems and automate your business.
- Leveraging LCNC automation and system tools to support repeatable business processes and improve productivity.
- Understand the limits and benefits of LCNC, and how to best leverage the difference between Low Code and High Code.
- How to structure your data to ensure quality and usefulness of your LCNC applications over time.
- Ensuring the best user experience.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...