Organic Electronic Devices
Organic electronic devices are quickly making their way into the commercial world, with innovative thin mobile devices, high-resolution displays, and photovoltaic cells. The future holds even greater potential for this technology, with an entirely new generation of ultra low-cost, lightweight and even flexible electronic devices, which will perform functions traditionally accomplished with much more expensive components based on conventional semiconductor materials, such as silicon.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
This course is suited for undergraduates with two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of general physics. Familiarity with solid-state physics or elementary circuits is recommended but not required.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
7-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Synthesis of Organic Semiconductors.
- Identify common mechanisms for the synthesis of small molecule and polymer semiconductors
- Describe the mechanism of controlled polymerization techniques for macromolecular semiconductors
- Interpret spectroscopic, chromatographic, and molecular characterization data in order to predict the structure of the organic semiconductor.
- Charge Generation and Transport and Optoelectronic Characterization of Organic Semiconductors.
- Explain how molecular orbital levels are related to the optoelectronic properties of organic semiconductors
- Distinguish between different models for charge transport in organic semiconductors; describe clearly the difference between charge generation and transport in organic and inorganic semiconductors.
- Device Application of Organic Semiconductors.
- Explain how organic electronic devices operate and how to apply known equations to evaluate device performance
- Critique the potential for organic electronic materials to supplement or replace inorganic semiconducting devices.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...