On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
This short course is intended for the high-school students who have taken an introductory-level physics course, acquired some background in Mechanics and intend to take a more advanced course – for instance, AP Physics C. The course helps the students refresh and strengthen their fluency with the mathematical tools and the fundamental topics in Mechanics: Kinematics, Newton’s laws and Laws of Conservation. The last unit of the course contains a comprehensive Final Exam. The students who completed this mini-course will be well-prepared to tackle more advanced course material in the fall.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Background in intro-high-school level Mechanics
- Fluency with basic algebra, trigonometry and vector operations.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Weston High School, a partner institute of EdX.
3-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Algebra/trigonometry skills for an advanced Mechanics course
- Kinematics of motion with constant acceleration
- Newton’s laws and their application in problem-solving
- Laws of conservation of energy and momentum and their application in problem-solving
- Basic information about AP® Physics C (Mechanics) course and Exam
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...