Nanotechnology: Fundamentals of Nanotransistors
The transistor has been called the greatest invention of the 20th century – it enables the electronics systems that have shaped the world we live in. Today’s nanotransistors are a high volume, high impact success of the nanotechnology revolution. If you are interested in understanding how this scientifically interesting and technologically important nano-device operates, this course is for you!
This nanotechnology course provides a simple, conceptual framework for understanding the essential physics of nanoscale transistors. It assumes only a basic background in semiconductor physics and provides an opportunity to learn how some of the fascinating new discoveries about the flow of electrons at the nanoscale plays out in the context of a practical device.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Basic semiconductor understanding
No familiarity with electronics or transistors is assumed.
- Weeks 1 & 2: Transistor Fundamentals
- Weeks 3 & 4: MOS Electrostatistics
- Weeks 5 & 6: The Ballistic Nanotransistor
- Weeks 7 & 8: The Transmission Theory of the MOSFET
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Transistor fundamentals (IV characteristics and device metrics)
- MOS electrostatics (in one and two dimensions)
- The Landauer Approach to electron transport
- The transmission theory of the MOSFET and its relation to traditional and Virtual Source transistor models
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...