Model-Based Automotive Systems Engineering
Modeling, control design, and simulation are important tools supporting engineers in the development of automotive systems, from the early study of system concepts (when the system possibly does not exist yet) to optimization of system performance. This course provides a theoretical basis to model-based control design with the focus on systematically develop mathematical models from basic physical laws and to use them in control design process with specific focus on automotive applications.
You will learn the basics of mathematical modeling applied to automotive systems, and based on the modeling framework different type of controller and state estimation methods will be introduced and applied. Starting from a pure state-feedback concept down to optimal control methods, with special attention on different automotive applications. Different methods for state reconstruction is also introduced and discussed in the course. Exercises play an important rolethroughout the course.
This course is aimed at learners with a bachelor's degree or engineers in the automotive industry who need to learn more about mathematical modelling of automotive systems.
Upcoming start dates
13 November, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Bachelor level mathematics
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Chalmers University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
10-20 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Road vehicle modelling in longitudinal, lateral and vertical direction
- Develop causal and acausal mathematical models of dynamical systems
- Linearize nonlinear continuous-time models
- Derive discrete time models by sampling
- The concept of state-space terminology
- Design discrete time state feedback controllers
- Analyze system models from a controllability, observability and stability point of view
- To design and analyze observers and apply them for state estimation
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...