Microservices, Serverless, OpenShift
The demand for serverless is accelerating as organizations look to scale more quickly and efficiently. With the increase in cloud adoption, Microservices within the serverless stack are becoming more popular with faster deployments and greater flexibility.
This intermediate-level course begins with a refresher on Microservices and the advantages of using a Microservices architecture. You will then gain an understanding of how serverless benefits developers, when to use serverless programming and serverless deployment models, and be introduced to serverless technologies. You will discover how serverless supports continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), and microservices integration.
Hands-on labs throughout this course give you the experience to create and deploy Microservices using OpenShift and Istio. For your final project you will put into practice your serverless and microservices skills and create a real-world serverless web application using OpenShift and Cloud Object Storage.
Who should attend?
- Introduction to Microservices
- Introduction to Serverless
- ORM: Microservices w/ Serverless
- OpenShift Essentials/Working with OpenShift and Istio
- Final Project
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Summarize the fundamentals of Microservices, its advantages and contrast with monolithic architectures.
- Explain the capabilities of service mesh including Istio, why it is useful and how it alleviates challenges with Microservices.
- Explain the process for deploying Microservices on OpenShift.
- Describe Function as a Service capabilities and benefits.
- Describe Serverless Computing and its increasing importance for developers in Cloud Native development.
- Identify the attributes of serverless.
- Build a serverless web application and deploy as a microservice on Red Hat OpenShift and as static files on Cloud Object Storage.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...