Looking to move into a healthcare role? Microbiology is a critical subject for anyone looking to work in the healthcare field. In this course, you’ll focus on the impact of pathogenic organisms and their role in immunology and disease.
From terminology to treatment, you’ll learn about the characteristics of microbes, the mechanisms that cause disease, the effect on the human body and therapies that promote patient outcomes.
Course content focuses on the etiology of microbial infections, the interaction between microbe and host, and preventive measures.
For verified learners, interactive case studies can provide clarity into symptomatology, etiology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, prevention and best practices in the treatment of infectious diseases.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Basic knowledge of Biology
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Southern New Hampshire University, a partner institute of EdX.
10-15 hours per week
- Verified Track -$498
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe characteristics and pathogenesis of microorganisms for identifying disease presentation
- Explain how the basic principles of antimicrobial therapy promote patient-care outcomes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current protective and preventative measures for the purpose of reducing infection and disease transmission
- Recommend evidence-based preventative strategies to address infectious diseases within an at-risk population
- Analyze how immune response can be manipulated for disease prevention
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...