Methods and Application in Human-Robot Interaction
Methods and Application in Human-Robot Interaction is part two of the Human-Robot Interaction professional certificate.
This course continues to explore the multidisciplinary topics central to modern Human-Robot Interaction research and looks at the role that robots may play in our society; investigating the real world application areas such as: learning, healthcare, personal assistants, and transport.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Canterbury, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Verbal interaction modality
- Emotional interaction modality
- How robots process speech, starting from recognizing what the human said, to understanding its meaning, managing the dialogue and ending with speech production.
- The role that emotions play in the interaction between humans and robots.
- How to evaluate the performance of the robot and quality of the interaction from the users’ perspective.
- The practical applications of robots and what roles robots might have in the future of our society.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...