Learn strategies and skills for managing luxury brands within the hotel and tourism industry. You will analyze the essence of a luxury brand and learn marketing techniques and trends to better position your services. You will learn how luxury brands are created and how to properly communicate the value of your brand.
Concepts and applications will be introduced through textbooks, selected journal articles and field visits.
Note that this course is priced at USD $278.
Who should attend?
Learners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
Week 1: Essence of the Luxury Industry
Evaluate and discuss the essence of luxury brand management
Week 2: Luxury Brand Power and Lifecycle
Address the brand potential that exists in luxury activities, and how luxury-goods businesses should be managed
Week 3: The Luxury Client
Analyse critically the behaviour of luxury clientele and the long-term trends in the luxury market. Identify major research areas and issues, analyse and evaluate the literature on luxury brand management
Week 4: Luxury Brand Identity
Understand brand DNA and Codes of luxury brands through case studies
Week 5: International Distribution and Retailing of Luxury
Analyse the trends and systems of international distribution and retailing of luxury brands, and the impact of technology on these trends and systems
Week 6: Managing Luxury Brand Creation, Communication and Sustainability
Brand creation, communication and sustainability in the hospitality and tourism industry
Week 7: Luxury Management in the Fashion and Lifestyle Sector
Case studies for luxury management in the fashion industry
Week 8: Luxury Management in the Hospitality Industry
Case studies for luxury management in the hospitality industry
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$278
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Evaluate and discuss the essence of luxury brand management. Address the brand potential that exists in luxury activities, and how luxury-goods businesses should be conducted on a daily basis
- Analyze and critic the specificities of luxury goods marketing, the long term trends in the luxury industry and the changing shape and definition of the luxury sector
- Analyze and evaluate luxury brand management research journals
- Identify luxury brand and experience problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing luxury brand and experience, and develop solutions for industry practitioners
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...