Leveraging Urban Mobility Disruptions to Create Better Cities
Over the next 8 sessions, this course will explore a wide variety of topics that relate to emerging new mobility systems and learn how new mobility can be leveraged to address and promote equity, improve health outcomes, and increase accessibility. The course material is designed to have a global impact by taking advantage of an established network of academic partners and practitioners, each bringing relevant expertise and representing distinct empirical settings. The international nature of this course will allow you to gain multiple social perspectives and familiarity with transportation challenges and solutions from different parts of the world.
Guided by the Shared Mobility Principles for Livable Cities and taught by transportation professors from Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, and the United States, the course provides insights into urban mobility challenges and opportunities and how the emerging new mobility paradigm can be effectively leveraged to create better, more equitable cities. The course is led by a team including Chris Zegras (MIT), Jinhua Zhao (MIT), Carlos Pardo (NUMO), and mobility entrepreneur Robin Chase, and features interviews with preeminent entrepreneurs, city planners, community development experts, and mobility justice advocates.
Topics will include land use and urban form, new mobility business models, pricing, policy, technology, and data. We will likewise reflect on the importance of designing new mobility systems for equity, health, and the environment. Additionally, this third edition of the course will also address how the transportation field is responding to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Basic level of understanding of land use development and economics, public policy, statistics
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
2-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- You will learn definitions and concepts related to new mobility
- You will be able to critically evaluate new mobility disruptions
- You will gain knowledge about land use development, urban economics, and transportation pricing
- You will be able to differentiate between different business models and how to approach technology and data for new mobility
- You will gain knowledge about how human psychology can be used to change travel behavior through behavioral economics
- You will be able to inspect, evaluate, and identify transportation equity in a variety of global settings
- You will learn how to take action to mitigate the effects of transportation on climate change
- You will be ready to positively transform urban areas into sustainable, equitable, and joyful cities
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...