This course aims to help you be successful in your college studies, highlighting effective and practical strategies for study. These strategies, from note taking to active reading, from time management to understanding how you learn, will help you achieve your academic goals, and to allow you to make the most of your college education.
This online curriculum may be used in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, as a start-to-finish, self-directed online experience. We also invite you to utilize this resource as a library/toolkit of academic success strategies, a tool for flipped classroom pedagogy, or a companion text for on-the-ground transition courses.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Metacognition and Mindset
- Active Reading and Note-Taking
- How to Study for Technical Courses
- Hard Reading, Good Writing
- Effective Time Management
- Navigating Campus Culture
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Colgate University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Foundational academic and study skills for achieving academic success in college
- Strategies for more effective reading, writing, test preparation, and time management
- Proven tips for students taking STEM and other technical courses
- Metacognition and academic mindset
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...