Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business
The business landscape is changing so rapidly that traditional management, business and computing courses do not meet the needs for the next generation of workers in the business world. Most traditional methods are of a repetitive, rule-based nature and will be gradually replaced by Artificial Intelligence. In the knowledge era, the most value added job will be to manage knowledge, which includes how knowledge is created, mined, processed, shared and reused in different trades and industry. At the same time, the amount of data and information (prerequisites of knowledge) is exploding exponentially. By 2020, IDC projects that the size of the digital universe will reach 40 zetabytes from all sources including, websites, weblog, sensors, and social media. Digitalisation, Cloud Computing, Big data will transform how we live, work and even think in a Networked Economy. These trends and more will have a profound effect on how we see the world and create policies. In this course, the following topics and more are covered:
- What is knowledge management?
- How is knowledge captured, elicited, organized and created in business?
- Managing knowledge at the enterprise, SMBs and personal levels
- Digitalisation and its impact on the workplace, collaborations and new value creation
- What is big data and how can we use data analytics from a laymen perspective?
- What is Open Linked Data and how can it support machine reasoning?
- How can new knowledge be mined from big data?
- What are the technical and social problems with big data?
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Understand the role of Knowledge Management (KM) practitioners in creating business value
- Become familiar with the techniques and tools for capturing, processing, classifying and organizing knowledge
- How to analyze large quantities of data and information through analytics
- How to use Cloud Services to derive new values and business models
- Understand the role of social media and technologies in innovating new business services
- Apply the principles you have learnt to company-based business projects
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$169
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...