Islamic Finance and Banking
This economics and finance course will give you an overview of the Islamic financial system. You will learn the core principles and basic models of Islamic finance and establish a framework for understanding this financial system.
If you are interested in the key features and foundational concepts of the Islamic financial system and institutions, or what distinguishes the Islamic financial system and its institutions from the conventional financial system, this course is for you.
No previous knowledge about Islamic finance is needed, but basic business knowledge is advantageous.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
An Overview of the Islamic Financial System
- Principles of the Islamic Economic System
- The Roles of Financial Institutions (FIs)
- The Role of Ethics in the Islamic Financial System
- Types of Contracts in Islamic Finance
- The Basic Norms of the Islamic Financial System
- Norms Relating to Profit
- Norms Relating to Mutual Cooperation
A Framework for the Islamic Financial System—Part 1
- The Strategic Role of Financial Institutions in Society
- Primary Characteristics of the Islamic Financial System
- Basic Operations of an Islamic Bank
- Two Approaches for Returns in Islamic Banking
- Profit/Loss Approach in Islamic Banking
- Islamic Investment Banking
A Framework for the Islamic Financial System-Part 2
- Concept and Conditions of a Bai’ Mu’ajjal (Credit Sale)
- Murabaha Sale and Structure
- Murabaha to Purchase Orderer
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Islamic Development Bank Institute, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The core principles of the Islamic financial system.
- The various norms and prohibitions that govern activities and contracts in the Islamic financial system.
- The differences between the Islamic financial system, and its institutions, and the conventional system.
- Some of the basic modes of Islamic finance.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...