Introduction to SQL and Relational Databases
The biggest asset of today's companies is their data, and data that is mostly stored in online relational databases.
Virtually all relational database management systems in use today use SQL as a tool for manipulating and querying the data they contain.
SQL language is an international standard that allows, in a simple way, powerful data extraction and summarization queries to be performed with very few commands.
If you want to make a career in business intelligence, web application programming or any other activity that requires querying or updating data, mastering SQL is a basic requirement.
In this course we will teach you the basic concepts needed to manage a database and we will introduce you gradually and practically to the use of SQL, starting with the simple query to get all the data stored in a table and ending with complex queries able to summarize the data contained in several related tables, queries that you will be able to replicate in a SQL emulator in the cloud during the course.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Knowledge of computer use at user level is enough to take this course.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universitat Politècnica de València, a partner institute of EdX.
4-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic concepts of databases and relational databases such as table, record, field, relation, primary key or secondary key.
- * Use of the SELECT command with the WHERE clause and various tools such as IN, BETWEEN or LIKE to query databases using string and range patterns.
- * The SQL commands for creating, changing and deleting tables and databases: CREATE, ALTER and DROP
- * The SQL commands for modifying the contents of database tables: INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE.
- * How to group and sort the results of a SQL query with ORDER BY, GROUP BY and how to summarize them with functions such as SUM, AVG, MAX or MIN.
- * How to perform complex queries that return the results of several tables with JOIN and UNION
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...