Introduction to Human-Robot Interaction
Introduction to Human-Robot Interaction is part one of the Human-Robot Interaction professional certificate.
This course provides a broad overview of the multidisciplinary topics central to modern Human-Robot Interaction research and introduces all the relevant background concepts; describing how robots work, how to design them, and the specifics of spatial and non-verbal interaction.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Canterbury, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The basic concepts, principles and ideas of human-robot interaction.
- How robots work from the perspective of software and hardware.
- Different types of sensors and actuators a robot could use.
- Typical software architectures to control robots.
- The process of designing human-robot interaction focusing on all the necessary steps to consider.
- Two interaction modalities that do not rely on speech: spatial interaction and non-verbal interaction.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...