Introduction to Blockchain
Blockchain is a constantly evolving technology. Essentially, it is a decentralized, distributed, digital ledger consisting of records called blocks that are used to record transactions across many computers that enhances reliability and security of transactions.
Blockchain technology has improved supply chains and other transaction networks making it easier to interact and safely transact with others in the digital world. It allows us to rethink how to store, move and update data on a network.
As the first step in IBM’s Blockchain Essentials Professional Certificate curriculum, this course will guide students through the basics of blockchain technology and covers the technical and functional components required to construct any blockchain solution using state-of-the-art tools and practices. In this course, you will learn how to design smart contracts, bitcoin wallets, transactions, fabricode, chain SDKs, and more.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
3–4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What Blockchain technology is, what distributed ledger systems are, and how they are used in business.
- Foundational principles and business use cases of blockchain technology.
- How assets are moved on a blockchain network.
- The importance of the Linux Foundation's Hyperledger project in driving blockchain optimization across diverse sectors, exemplified by a range of enterprise-ready permissioned blockchain systems.
- How to design smart contracts, bitcoin wallets, transactions, fabricode, and Chain SDKs, and more.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...