Advanced Financial Accounting
There are numerous publications dealing with advanced accounting topics. There is, of course, the CICA Handbook and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), but also specialized textbooks and scientific and professional articles. participants must show discernment in deciding which readings and exercises to do and how much time to spend on them. The present course certainly provides indications for that, but each student must adapt his/her efforts according to his/her own strengths and weaknesses, in regard to the objectives of the course.
This course will provide attendees with an understanding of the fundamental concepts and accounting treatments concerning financial statement presentation underlying complex business structures. It will enable them to understand the effects of international transactions for financial statement users
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
All levels of Management, Executives and Team Leaders, who manage work teams or employees and who are responsible for creating conducing work environment infused with positive culture to engage employees.
Selected accounting practices
- Intangible assets and R&D
- Ownership equity and comprehensive income
- Bonds and interest-bearing securities
- Earnings per share
- Accounting changes
Foreign currency translation
- Temporal method
- Current rate method
Hedge accounting and derivatives
- Economic aspect –
- Accounting methods (speculating, hedging)
Corporate investments and international standards
- Conceptual framework (theory, business combinations)
- Accounting methods (cost, fair value, equity method, proportionate and full consolidation)
- Particular issues (such as minority interest, inter-company transactions, foreign subsidiaries)
- International accounting standards
- Other (related party transactions, segment disclosures, differential reporting)
Application in the business world
Certification / Credits
- Recognize the theory and concepts underlying accounting practices
- Use prior knowledge in financial accounting and related subjects and adapt it to the topics of the course
- Combine and summarize financial information
- Analyze and criticize information
- Enlarge the vision of accounting in terms of financial issues and ethical considerations applicable to the business world
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...