Intercultural Communication at Work – Land the Job and Do It Well
In a market with rising diversity and uncertainty, employers are not only seeking candidates with intelligence and emotional abilities, but also looking for individuals who are culturally sensitive and resilient. Intelligence quotient, emotional quotient, cultural quotient and adversity quotient are, therefore, among the fundamentals of effective professional communication in a culturally diverse workplace.
Against this backdrop, this course aims to guide job applicants from landing a choice position to performing professionally at work. Topics 1 and 2 facilitate the acquisition of professional communication skills associated with personal branding, CV writing and interview skills. Topics 3, 4 and 5 look into relationship building, teamwork, conflict management, negotiation and presentation which are crucial to building and sustaining professional credibility.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Crafting a professional resume and cover letter
- Preparing for an interview
- Building credibility in a diverse and evolving workplace
- Working in teams, managing conflict and negotiation
- Presenting persuasively in the workplace
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The National University of Singapore, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$59
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify their values, strengths and weaknesses using the IQ-EQ-AQ-CQ framework
- Apply strategic language to craft their personal brand for the workplace through their resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication in professional settings Distinguish cultural nuances in professional communication and adapt effectively to different organizational settings
- Build credibility through effective communication in a culturally diverse workplace
- Communicate effectively to facilitate teamwork, negotiate and manage conflict in different cultural contexts
- Craft and deliver audience-centric and persuasive presentations
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...