Innovation and IT Management
Information Technology (IT) changes the manner and scope in which businesses operate and compete. Innovations in IT have led some businesses to flourish, while others have faltered due to massive changes brought by this industry. IT is notoriously hard to manage. The challenge of managing IT is ensuring that the intended changes and innovations are realized, and the unintended ones are kept under control. This course will cover basic concepts of information technology management.
As part of this course you will:
- See some brief videos
- Take pop quizzes
- Analyse cases
- Read relevant material
- Take assessments.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
This course is for you if you are:
- Using IT in your organisation
- Building or are planning to build IT-enabled products or services
- Exploring business innovations and want to know how IT can help
- Interested in understanding how organisations manage IT for innovating.
This course is not overly technical. Detailed prior knowledge of computing technology is not required to take this course.
Basic familiarity with IT use and terminology. Also, basic understanding of business and economics concepts.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Managing IT and Innovation requires subtle decision-making skills. You will learn how to make decisions related to:
- Competing with IT
- Managing digital networks and security
- Making sense of the evolving IT landscape
- Developing software and managing projects
- Managing crowd innovation
- Social and ethical aspects of IT.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...