Human Anatomy and Physiology II
An in-depth understanding of the human body is critical for anyone looking to work in healthcare. From terminology and identification to diseases and treatment, you can acquire the key foundational knowledge of the human body and seven of its 11 body systems: endocrine, circulatory, immune, respiratory, digestive, excretory and reproductive.
This course is the second of two examining the structure, function and interdependence of human body systems. The first course covers four of the 11 systems, including integumentary, skeletal, muscular and nervous systems.
You’ll also explore resources that walk you through the identification and treatment for different diseases.
As a verified track learner, you will have access to interactive case studies and will be able to check your understanding as you progress through the course materials with short quizzes and a final exam.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Identify human body systems, organs, structures and their functions
- Identify anatomical locations of systems within the human body in comparison to other organ systems
- Use correct terminology to describe the location of human body systems and body cavities
- Describe the process of how homeostasis is maintained in human body systems
- Identify healthy and unhealthy functioning of human body systems
- Identify disease conditions that impact the endocrine, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, immune, lymphatic, reproductive and urinary systems using scientific and evidenced-based research
- Describe research that supports the cause and strategies for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease in human body systems
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Human Anatomy and Physiology I BIO-205x. Prerequisite skills are limited college-level reading ability.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Southern New Hampshire University, a partner institute of EdX.
10-15 hours per week
- Verified Track -$498
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Throughout this course, you’ll focus on seven of the 11 body systems: endocrine, circulatory, immune, respiratory,
digestive, excretory and reproductive. After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the location and functions of human body systems using appropriate terminology
- Analyze the interactions between human body systems for how they work together to achieve a healthy state
- Analyze research on human body systems for identifying evidence-based prevention, diagnosis and treatment strategies for related diseased states
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...