Fundamentals of Market Structure
Taught by instructors with decades of experience on Wall Street, this economics and finance course provides students with a basic foundation in market structure, market structure science, and market mechanics.
You’ll learn about the major elements and concepts that form a market and determine its development. You’ll also learn about key market participants including market makers, brokers, asset managers, hedge funds and more.
This free course is from the New York Institute of Finance, a highly sought after designation that leading financial services and employers know and trust globally.
This free course is a great introduction to market structure. For a deeper understanding of financial markets and to be qualified to perform in the real world and meet the demanding realities of finance, see the NYIF’s professional certificate course Electronic Trading in Financial Markets.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Market Structure
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Market Structure Science
- Lesson 3: Fundamentals of Market Mechanics
Course delivery details
This course is offered through New York Institute of Finance, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Recognize markets in general
- Recognize the two dimensions of market structure
- Identify the differences between OTC and Exchange Systems
- Recognize how to define market participants
- Explain the concept of liquidity
- Identify the key elements of financial market mechanics
- Recognize how transaction frequency influences market evolution
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...