Fundamentals of Java EE Development
This course will provide you with an introduction to Java EE using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line into an enterprise application that uses various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, and JAX-RS for REST services.
This course will benefit developers that already have a strong foundation in Java SE and want to learn the basic skills and concepts that are necessary to be an enterprise Java Developer.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required
Transitioning to Multi-Tiered Applications
Packaging and Deploying Applications to an Application Server
Creating Enterprise Java Beans
Managing Entity Relationships
Creating REST Services
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Red Hat, a partner institute of EdX.
1-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to generate multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deployment of Java EE applications.
- How to create Enterprise Java Beans.
- Management of application persistence.
- How to create REST services with JAX-RS.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...