Foundations of Data Structures
Data structures provide a means to manage large amounts of data for use in databases and internet indexing services. Efficient data structures are key for designing efficient algorithms and obtaining maintainable software design.
In this Computer Science course, you will start by learning basic data types, such as numbers, and gradually build a conceptual framework for organizing and managing efficient structures.
Preliminary understanding of implementing sequence structures such as stacks, queues, and linked lists, will also be covered.
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program:
- Programming Basics
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Implementation of Data Structures
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Knowledge of programming concepts, as covered in ‘Basic Programming’ course is necessary.
- Basic Data Types, Notion of an Abstract Data Type
- Mathematical Properties of Sequences
- Special Types of Sequences: Stacks, Queues, Strings
- Implementation of Sequence Type: Arrays and Linked Lists
- Sets and Maps
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IITBombay, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Various data structures
- How to organize data efficiently
- How to use appropriate data structures for representing, organizing, and manipulating data
- How to create data structures using basic programming
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...