Foundations for Excellence in Teaching Online
Whether you’re new to teaching online or are looking for new teaching strategies to implement in your online class, our goal is that you find value in this carefully constructed experience we’ve designed for you. This learning experience is adapted from ASU’s flagship workshop for ASU Online faculty, called "Master Class for Teaching Online".
In this self-paced experience, you’ll learn about topics that are recognized to be effective in online teaching, yet they really can be applied in any modality. So if you’re teaching remotely, in a hybrid format, or in a traditional classroom, our goal is that you’ll learn something new that you can apply immediately.
Even though this is an on-demand and self-paced resource, we encourage you to join the community forums created specifically for this experience. You will have an opportunity to contribute by sharing your own ideas and philosophies around provided prompts. It's a great way to connect to a broader teaching and learning community and to the knowledge and experiences that reside with your fellow participants.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Course Orientation
- Building a Learning Community
- Online Student Success
- Effective Discussions
- Course Content and Quality
- Course Design and Content Development
- Instructor Presence and Action Plan
- Course Wrap Up
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Arizona State University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to a learning community.
- Demonstrate proficient edX navigation from the student perspective.
- Describe key components of online student success.
- Apply question design principles to facilitate effective and engaging class discussions.
- Explain the value of implementing the Quality Matters Rubric in course design.
- Identify instructional alignment using Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Analyze various pedagogical approaches for delivering course content online.
- Describe design and delivery techniques of effective lectures.
- Prepare content for optimizing instructor presence in an online course.
- Create a plan for implementing Foundations for Excellence in Teaching Online resources in an online course.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...