Engineering Calculus and Differential Equations
How do electrical engineers find out all the currents and voltages in a network of connected components? How do civil engineers calculate the materials necessary to construct a curved dome over a new sports arena? How do space flight engineers launch an exploratory probe?
If questions like these pique your interest, this course is for you!
Calculus with differential equations is the universal language of engineers. In this course, “Engineering Calculus and Differential Equations,” we will introduce fundamental concepts of single-variable calculus and ordinary differential equations. We'll explore their applications in different engineering fields. In particular, you will learn how to apply mathematical skills to model and solve real engineering problems.
This course will enable you to develop a more profound understanding of engineering concepts and enhance your skills in solving engineering problems. In other words, youwill be able to construct relatively simple models of change and deduce their consequences. By studying these, youwill learn how to monitor and even controla given system to do what you want it to do.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Hong Kong, a partner institute of EdX.
3-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Limits, Continuity,andDifferentiation inEngineering Calculus
- Applications of Derivatives
- Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates
- Techniques of Integration
- Applications of Definite Integrals
- Engineering Differential Equations and First Order Equations
- Homogeneous,Inhomogeneous Equations, and Exact Equations
- Homogeneous Linear Equations with Constant Coefficients
- Cauchy-Euler Equations andLaplace Transforms
- How to analyze a given engineering problem
- Ways to identify appropriate calculus and ordinary differential equations (ODE) skills
- How to formulate the mathematical problem
- How to find the solutions for engineering problems
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...