Electrical-Based Non-Destructive Testing and Sensing
Given that concrete elements are used in critical elements of infrastructure, determining the extent of degradation plays a critical role in managing the long-term performance of the concrete and identifying when to repair or replace it.
In this course, students will learn about electrical-based NDT methods and emerging infrastructure sensing technologies. Topics covered include commonly used NDT methods for steel and concrete structures and advanced infrastructure sensing techniques, such as eddy currents, wireless sensing, fiber optics, and embedded sensor networks.
The course also includes case studies so students can apply the knowledge to field inspection or monitoring of materials and structures.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Students interested in taking this course should successfully complete the edX course, Fundamentals of Non-Destructive Testing, before registering.
- Visual Inspections
- Dye Penetration
- Thermography Testing
- Fundamentals of Eddy Current Testing
- Equipment of the Eddy Current
- Impedance Plots of Eddy Current
- Factors That Could Affect Eddy Current Testing
- Applications of Eddy Current Testing
- Fundamentals of Radiographic Testing
- Physics of Radiography Inspection
- Image Formation of Radiography
- Radiographic Inspection Applications
- Introduction to Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Magnetic Field Generation
- Testing Particles
- Basic Principles of GPR Testing
- GPR Wave Nature
- Testing Setup and Method of GPR
- GPR Data Processing Method
- GPR Method Applications
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$750
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Explain the basic principles of various electric and magnetic-based NDT methods.
- Interpret the obtained data of electric and magnetic-based NDT methods.
- Evaluate the materials and structure conditions and integrity based on the electric and magnetic-based NDT methods.
- Report the NDT testing results in both oral and written format following the provided guidelines
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...