Electric Cars: Introduction (English)
Electric vehicles are the future of transportation. Electric mobility has become an essential part of the energy transition, and will imply significant changes for vehicle manufacturers, governments, companies and individuals.
If you are interested in learning about electric vehicle technology and how it can work for your business or create a social impact, then this is the course for you.
The experts from TU Delft, together with other knowledge institutes and companies in the Netherlands, will prepare you for upcoming developments in the context of the transition to electric vehicles.
You will explore the most important aspects of this new market, including cutting-edge electric vehicle technology and charging infrastructure; profitable business models for electric mobility; as well as effective policies for government agencies that will accelerate the adoption of electric mobility.
The course includes video lectures, presentations and exercises, all reinforced with real case studies, from projects that were implemented in the Netherlands.
This course would not have been possible without the contribution of the Dutch Innovation Center for Electric Road Transport (D-INCERT) and is taught by experts from industry and academia, who share their knowledge and opinions.
Upcoming start dates
20 June, 2023
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
None, but affinity with thebasic concepts that the different tracks (technology of electric cars, business or policy) offer is recommended.
Week 1: EVs in the energy transition
- Technology perspective of EV
- Business perspective of EV
- Policy perspective of EV
- Combining perspectives of Technology, Business and Policy
Week 2: Introduction to Technology of EVs
- Operation of an electric car and key parts
- Types of electric vehicles
- Basics of EV charging
- Case study: Volt and Bolt
- Case study: Lightyear
Week 3: Introduction to Business of EVs
- Electric vehicle mobility business
- Electrification, a sustainable business disruption
- Automation, the need for smart E-mobility
- Connectivity makes auto-mobility cost-efficient
- Case study: Lightyear
Week 4: Introduction to Policy to EVs
- Policy ambitions
- Policies and policy instruments
- EVs in the infrastructure system
- The social dimensions of EVs
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
5-7 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Role of electric vehicles in the energy transition
- Basics of electric car and charging technology
- Types of electric cars and how do they work
- Introduction to the business of electric vehicles and its future potential
- Policy ambitions and policy instruments for electric mobility
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...