Effective Communication for Today's Leader (English)
Interpersonal communication is one of the most important management skills: everyday we relate with our bosses, collaborators, customers and colleagues.
Being a good communicator is synonym to being a good leader.
Interpersonal and group communication helps us to create better business environments, and therefore, to have better results.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Bachelor's Degree Level
Topic 1. Human communication levels
- Concept and communication levels
- Communication skills
Topic 2. Assertive communication
- Differences between aggressiveness, non- assertiveness, and assertiveness
- A technique for planning our communication: the DESC Script
Topic 3. Empathetic listening
- Listening levels: hearing, listening, and empathizing
- The technique of empathetic listening: typical responses vs. empathetic responses
Topic 4. Performance feedback
- Recognizing good and bad performance
- The GROW Model: steps for conducting a feedback session
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Tecnológico de Monterrey, a partner institute of EdX.
5–8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Understand the importance of communication in people's lives and thus boost the improvement in our ability to effectively socialize.
Identify the concept of communication to clarify its importance.
Develop communication skills: assertiveness and empathy.
Apply communication skills to performance feedback and achieve organizational objectives.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...