Economic Foundations of Pricing
Pricing products or services is a challenging decision for many business owners.
What is a good starting point for sound pricing decisions? This course provides an economic framework that lays the foundation for good pricing decisions. This course delves into the impact of cost, competition, and customer side factors on pricing. The course also goes into the company objectives that shape pricing goals.
This course also covers the repercussions of the most recent and globally transformative event (i.e., COVID19) on Pricing.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Undergraduate level exposure to Economics
Economic foundations of Pricing
- What is market clearing price?
- Understand price setters vs price takers, supply and demand curves.
- Covid price increases/decreases/no-change
Fundamentals of Demand or Customer point of view
- What is demand?
- Price response functions
- Revenue maximization
Cost based pricing decisions
- Terms: (marginal cost, fixed cost, incremental cost), CM, operating margin, %margin, mark-up
- Price optimization
- Break-even sales change
Competition and Objectives
- Competition based heuristics
- Understanding objectives and economic framework
Economics of Multiproduct Pricing
- Demand curves and pricing
- Price discrimination
- Game theory
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate pricing using the 3C+O framework
- Apply cost based pricing heuristics
- Identify and account for relevant competition while making pricing decisions
- Identify the drivers of consumer value perceptions and their impact on pricing
- Understand the mechanism of price discrimination and its applications in practice
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...