Disability and Digital Media: Accessibility, Representation and Inclusion
In Disability and Digital Media , we will explore the relationship between digital technologies and disability in the Internet age.We will consider:
- the evolving impact of social media on representations of disability;
- the politics of experiencing, embodying, and discussing disability online;
- the presence of disability in memes, viral content, and online culture; and
- the role of accessibility in the digital world.
Upcoming start dates
1 start date available
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Module 1: Introducing digital disability
- Module 2:Disability and social media
- Module 3: Accessibility and the digital world
- Module 4: Thefuture of digital disability
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Curtin University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$139
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
You will learn about:
- Social and medical models of disability;
- Key concepts and terminology for understanding digital disability;
- How social media is changing representations of disability;
- The opportunities and challenges of representing disability online;
- How memes and viral content are being used by disability activists;
- How the tools of digital accessibility can benefit all media users.
Contact this provider
141 Portland Street
02139 Cambridge Massachusetts
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...
You may also like...
Neal Whitten's Personal Development Series: A Better You
Velociteach Project Management
Free Mini-course: Convert Your Training Into Life-based Learning
Values Centered Innovation Inc.