Conducting an Informational Interview
In this final course of the English for Business Networking Professional Certificate program, you'll put your knowledge into practice by preparing for and conducting an informational interview.
First off, you'll clarify your goals and set up a practice informational interview. You'll practice talking on the phone to make arrangements to meet. Then, you'll set up a second informational interview. You'll learn how to research a person and write questions to learn more about them or their career. You'll also learn the parts of an interview.
Finally, you'll learn the key steps for following up with a person after your interview. You'll successfully complete a whole cycle of networking activities.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Intermediate level of English language proficiency
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Washington, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Research a person you would like to interview using LinkedIn and other tools.
- Prepare for and conduct an informational interview with someone you already know, and follow up with a thank-you note.
- Prepare for and conduct an informational interview witha new contact
- Follow up with a thank-you note.
- Share your lessons learnedaboutinformational interviewsand networking
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...