Competencies for Seeking, Keeping and Advancing in a Job
The objective of this online course is to improve your employability with a series of learning modules about different competencies: career guidance; social, communication and emotional skills; and creating a career project. It will be useful for you improving your opportunities of access, permanence and promotion in any type of job, since the competencies we work on here are valid for almost any type of professional profile.
The course is practical and designed to be accessible to people with intellectual disabilities and other people who need support for inclusion in the labour market. It includes videos, activities, texts and diagrams that we’ve designed to help you improve your training for employment.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Basic level of reading and writing in English.
- You don't need any type of academic or vocational qualification.
- The course is adapted to people with intellectual disabilities.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, a partner institute of EdX.
3–5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$29
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- To understand the importance of developing general professional competences as a key factor for success in getting and keeping a job.
- To learn emotional skills that will improve your employability.
- To develop the social skills necessary for working in a company.
- To improve your communication competencies for working in businesses.
- To design a plan for your professional future that includes your interests, goals and training needs.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...