Climate Change: Financial Risks and Opportunities
Our aim is to help you answer a simple question: Does climate risk matter to investors? We do this by defining the financial risks related to climate change and follow with the investment policies and risk management strategies that are taking shape. This course is also a starting point for risk and strategy managers anticipating the impacts from the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) asking firms to disclose the climate risks they face. In short, the course is a primer on how global capital markets are responding the world’s greatest environmental risk.
Participants will be exposed to the latest thinking from senior leaders in financial services and multinational firms. The course is led by business school faculty and The Centre for Climate Finance and Investment at Imperial College London; designed by investment practitioners for finance professionals and those aspiring to enter the field.
Climate-KIC is supported by EIT, a body of the European Union.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Imperial College Business School , a partner institute of EdX.
2-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$79
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to define climate change risks into distinct categories
- An introduction to climate change risk management
- Concepts of physical risks (eg. stranded assets) and transition risks (eg. renewable energy technology developments)
- Emerging trends in the transition towards climate-resilient investing
- Ways of thinking about potential winners and losers in a lower carbon economy
- Sources of financing emerging within the private sector for new investments
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...