Business Considerations for 5G with Edge, IoT, and AI
5G is opening up the world in a way that we are only beginning to imagine. 5G isn’t just another generation of wireless technology; it signals a seminal moment in the evolution of technology’s ability to transform industries, the economy and society and will give way to digitizing our world.
This course provides an introduction for business, government and technology leaders who, along with startups and their technical partners and ecosystems, have the opportunity to lead the next generation of innovation based on the capabilities of 5G with Edge, IoT & AI. The course will help you answer: What is 5G? What is the fuss about radio frequencies (RF)? How does Edge Compute change the paradigm? How will IoT and AI combine with 5G to bring us a digital transformation we can barely imagine? What will be the role of open source, open standards and open alliances? The course will also offer some strategies for what leaders can do to start preparing for responsibility, trust and the ethical impact of innovation, especially when it encroaches on social and public systems like smart transportation and smart cities.
You will walk away with a better understanding of how 5G, Edge, AI and IoT come together empowering you to lead your teams and organizations into the future.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Basic understanding of networking, 5G, Edge, IoT, AI concepts and terminology
- Introduction to 5G
- Radio Frequencies (RF) 101
- 5G with IoT, Edge, and AI: Massive Digital Transformation
- 5G Use Cases
- Preparing for the Impact on People & Organizations
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Discern between the hype and real opportunities of 5G technologies
- Understand how 5G could impact your business
- Describe what 5G, IoT, AI, and Edge mean and how they work together
- Understand the interdependence of technologies like 5G/IoT/AI/Edge and the applications they power
- Learn how to apply these technologies through use cases for innovative experiences for business, public, and consumers
- Understand the debate and concerns around responsibility, trust, and ethics for emerging tech
- Begin to take the first steps that prepare you, your business, or institution for the future with 5G, Edge, IoT and AI
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...