AP® Physics 1 - Part 3: Electricity & Waves
In this four-part series, we will explore AP Physics 1 concepts and prepare for the AP Physics 1 Exam in an exciting and entirely new way. Increase your skills – and your readiness – for the AP Exam though quality videos, inquiry labs, Hollywood-style Concept Trailers™, Direct Measurement Videos, AP problem-solving sessions and more!
In Part 3: Electricity & Waves, you will learn about a property of microscopic matter called charge and how it leads to attractive and repulsive forces between subatomic particles. The electric field will be described as a means to explain these forces, as well as how the field inside a metal leads to a flow of charge called current. You will learn about the current and resistance in DC circuits. Finally, the basic properties of waves will be described, and sound waves will be discussed as an example.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Rice University, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$45
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- About the charge of microscopic and macroscopic matter.
- About the electric forces and fields that result from charge.
- About how electric fields lead to current in DC circuits.
- About the physics behind waves with sound as an example.
- Prepare and Review for the AP Physics 1 Exam
- How to practice critical thinking, writing, and problem-solving with enhanced teacher and peer feedback (AP Exam Prep PLUS 5 only)
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...