Want to study for an MBA but unsure of your basic accounting skills? Paving the way for MBA study, this course will teach you the foundational accounting skills needed to achieve success on an MBA program and in business generally.
You will be introduced to the principles of accounting and learn about the basic financial statements, including the income statement, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement. You will learn how to read and interpret this information in order to make informed business decisions.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of accounting. Concepts are explained clearly and regular activities offer you the opportunity to practice your skills and improve your confidence.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Secondary school (high school) maths
- Accounting statements and principles
- The income statement
- The balance sheet
- The cash flow statement
- Short-term decision making
- Long-term decision making
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Imperial College Business School, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$79
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to create and interpret the three basic accounting statements - the income statement, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement
- How management accounting differs from financial accounting
- How financial information is used on an MBA program and in business to make informed decisions
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...