Mastering Business Essentials Simulation - On-site Training
Davenport University’s 5-week Mastering Business Essentials is an interactive and immersive business simulation program designed to accelerate strategic thinking by focusing on the most critical elements in business. Through facilitated virtual sessions and a learn-by-doing simulation, participants feel the pressure of making economic trade-offs and experience the consequences of business decisions. This simulation-based program provides an overview of core business skills relevant for any career, including the fundamentals of financial management, data-driven decision-making, and effective communication skills to drive results.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend?
Davenport University’s Mastering Business Essentials program is for any professional looking to improve their understanding of business fundamentals.
- Decision Making: After an orientation to the business simulation used in this program, participants learn how decision-making is a critical component of every manager’s day-to-day.
- Making Financial Statements Work for You: Knowing how to read financial statements can be invaluable in analyzing business opportunities, assessing financial risks and communicating ideas to others.
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation: Managing business processes often involves careful planning and forecasting, taking into account many factors, such as expenses, investments, and unforeseen financial obligations.
- Business Strategy: Strategy directs what you need to do to reach your department/organizational goals.
- Capstone Summary and Conclusions: Simulation programs enable participants to manage a virtual company like a real business. Review the strategic processes used and the impact of decision making.
Course delivery details
Mastering Business Essentials is offered in an instructor-led virtual format
Certification / Credits
Credits: 1 CEUs
Credits: 10 PDCs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop and implement a business strategy
- Apply knowledge of accounting, operations, and marketing to common challenges
- Identify ways to improve company performance and meet customer needs
- Analyze market conditions and explore business growth opportunities
- Manage capacity and resources
- Evaluate critical financial information to help run and grow a business
- Utilize tools to manage cash flow and expenses
- Communicate the results of financial analysis effectively
- Use industry-based data to make business decisions
Why choose IPEx?
With over 150 years of innovative experience in leading-academic thought, Davenport brings the real world of business into each class.
Having strategically partnered with hundreds of businesses and organizations over the last 25 years, Davenport University’s IPEx has the experience to help organizations meet goals and achieve their vision of success.
From Michigan to Malaysia, as well as India, Canada, China, Australia, Brazil and beyond, IPEx has a global presence where learning happens with our international participants.
Contact this provider
Davenport University's Institute for Professional Excellence
Grow through professional development delivered the IPEx way — with an eye on your time and your budget. Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence (IPEx) offers professional development courses focused on topics with real-world relevance, aimed at making you more...