Crucial Conversations for Accountability (In-Person)
Performance Management Improved
Accountability is critical to healthy relationships and organizations. As people improve in their ability to hold one another accountable, they also improve trust, efficiency, engagement, and more.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Spot the performance conversations that are keeping you from what you want.
- Choose the right conversation to get unstuck.
Master My Stories
- Learn where emotions come from and how to change them.
- Take responsibility for the emotions you bring to the conversation by owning your story.
Master My Stories II
- Eliminate negative stories that impede conversations and results.
Start With Heart
- Stay focused on what you really want.
- Lay a foundation of good intent.
State My Path
- Speak honestly and respectfully.
- Share tough messages in a way that invites others into the conversation.
Make It Safe
- Take steps to rebuild safety when others get defensive.
- Talk with almost anyone about almost anything.
- Use the Six Sources of Influence to identify what’s contributing to the gap.
Make It Easy
- Don’t lead with your ideas; start by asking others.
- Brainstorm ways to overcome others’ ability barriers in key areas (personal, social, and structural influences).
Make It Motivating
- Motivate others using natural consequences rather than power.
- Make unseen or forgotten consequences visible.
- Use the skills to help good performers become great.
Move to Action
Move from healthy dialogue to taking action and achieving results.
Certification / Credits
What You’ll Learn
The course teaches nine powerful skills for resolving performance problems, strengthening trust and reliability, and eliminating inconsistency. Learn to hold anyone accountable, no matter their power, position, or authority.
- Identify problems contributing to poor results and struggling relationships.
- Keep composure when feeling angry or defensive and identify what stories you may be telling yourself.
- Be clear with yourself and others about what you really want.
- Share strong opinions without shutting down others’ viewpoints.
- Create safety so you can talk with almost anyone about almost anything.
- Identify what’s contributing to the gap between expected and actual behavior.
- Don’t lead with YOUR ideas; start by asking others for theirs.
- Highlight natural consequences to motivate rather than using coercion.
- Turn each accountability discussion into a course of action that leads to better outcomes.
Why choose Crucial Learning?
More than 3.5 million people have been taught new skills through a Crucial Learning course
300 of the Fortune 500 companies have realized a direction connection between their success and Crucial Learning courses
Average rating 5
The Crucial Accountability course was most excellent! I have so many new tools for my tool box, now it is up to me to figure out when I need to use which tool. The facilitatio...
Love their training for Crucial Accountability
Contact this provider
Crucial Learning improves the world by helping people improve themselves. By combining social science research with innovative instructional design, we create flexible learning experiences that teach proven skills for solving life’s most stubborn personal, interpersonal, and organizational problems. We offer...