Maximize Productivity: Manage Your Time, Maintain Focus and Set Priorities
Do you drive your day, or does it drive you? Are you continually fighting fires and responding to other people’s emergencies without having time to do what you value most? In today’s world of continuous partial attention, owning your time and following through on your own priorities can seem impossible at times.
Interweaving research from neuroscience, psychology, and biology with hands-on practice, this course is highly interactive. You’ll get the opportunity to: analyze how you currently spend – and waste – time; define your governing values and set goals aligned with them; and prioritize your time and energy in order to maximize your productivity. Working individually and collaboratively, you’ll experiment with techniques ranging from tactical to strategic that will put you back in the driver’s seat of your workday... and your life.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is targeted toward anyone who has ever struggled with setting goals, managing time, or maintaining focus and productivity at work.
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Activity: Time Management Spectrogram
- Participant Expectations
Module 1: Who Owns Your Time?
- Exploring Your Current Workload
- Personal SWOT Analysis on Time Management and Prioritization
- Unpacking the Myth of Multitasking
- Interruption Science and Productivity
- The Costs of Disruption
- Tangible (Quality of Work Product and Performance)
- Determining Your Peak Productivity Time
- Sharpening Your Focus
Module 2: Defining Goals and Setting Priorities
- Identifying Your Governing Values
- Setting SMART Goals Aligned with Your Values
- Creating Priorities Based on Your Goals
- Pair-Wise Comparison Technique
- Allocating Your Time to Reflect Your Priorities
- Reflection and Sharing in Pairs
Module 3: Time Management Tools and Techniques
- Video: Covey’s “Big Rocks” Principle
- Task “Chunking” (Decomposition) and List Making
- The Secondary Gains of Procrastination
- The Eisenhower Time Management Matrix
- Identifying Your Time Wasters
- Mapping the Quadrants\
- Additional Time Management Techniques
- The Pomodoro Technique
- The S.T.I.N.G. Technique
- Apps and Online Tools
Module 4: Taking Action!
- Activation Energy and Mel Robbins’ 5-Second Rule
- Bias Toward Action
- The Progress Principle
- Internal Locus of Control
- Creating Your Personal Action Plan
Extend Your Learning
Continue the Learning Journey
- In class we will share a variety of learning assets to guide you in learning more, including suggested podcasts, videos, white papers, articles, and books.
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...