Having a basic understanding of the terminology, events, and methodology of agile project management is becoming more important. More projects are being managed using an agile methodology, especially when the final outcome tends to be innovative, complex, or has a level of uncertainty. Traditional project management is not always the most effective approach when flexibility and a nimble process are required to successfully deliver project outcomes in a volatile or rapidly changing environment. In this course participants will be introduced to essential tools and techniques practiced in agile.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include those who work on projects but have no formal training in agile project management processes.
- Learn how agile project management techniques can help to ensure project success.
- Learn when agile is a good fit and when it is still appropriate to use a traditional waterfall approach.
- Understand the events and terminology of agile project management.
- Learn how to possibly start introducing agile project management into your project management activities.
Module 1: Introduction to Agile Project Management
- Exercise: Introductions
- Project Management History and Evolution
- Key Differences Between Iterative and Waterfall
- Demonstration: Agile vs. Waterfall Project Management
- When to Use Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid
- Agile Manifesto, Values, and Principles
- Discussion: Project Success Reviewed
Module 2: Agile Tools and Techniques
- Daily Stand-Up Meetings
- Task Boards (aka Kanban)
- Discussion: Retrospective
Module 3: Agile Simulation
- Iteration Planning
- Iteration Definition
- Iteration Perception
- Iteration Guidelines
- Team Workshop: Iteration Planning
- Iteration Execution
- Daily Meeting – Backlog Update
- Team Velocity
- Burndown Chart
- Individual Exercise: Burndown Chart Interpretation
- Iteration Retrospective
- Team Workshop: Iteration Retrospective
Module 4: Conclusion
- Identifying Agile Opportunities
- Back-on-the-Job Implementation
- Action Planning
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...