CIW Data Analyst Specialist (Online)
Data Analyst is the seventh and final course in the CIW Web and Mobile Design series. In this course, you will learn how to use data to analyze all aspects of a company's operation and make appropriate business decisions. You will study how to compare and contrast structured and unstructured data. You will learn how to deploy tools for capturing and analyzing data, including Hadoop, R Project and custom database solutions.
In addition, you will study how to extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, and customer relations. You will also learn how to determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes. Finally, you will study the ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards, executive summaries, reports and charts, using both traditional and web-based tools. (12 months to complete this online, self-paced course)
Who should attend?
The CIW Data Analyst courseware requires an understanding of spreadsheets, databases, business processes, web sites and coding. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Internet Business Associate, CIW Site Development Associate, CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist course, and CIW User Interface Designer, or equivalent knowledge.
- Web designers
- Internet consultants
- IT professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Web and graphic artists
- Business professionals
- Identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including customer relationship management (CRM) applications, transaction data, social media and marketing sources.
- Compare and contrast structured and unstructured data.
- Deploy specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data and migrating data to or from the cloud.
- Summarize ways that data is used to drive business decisions.
- Deploy tools for capturing and analyzing data, including Hadoop, R Project, custom database applications.
- Extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support and customer relations.
- Determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes.
- Identify ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards (e.g., executive summaries), creating reports and charts, using traditional and web-based tools.
- Introduction to Big Data
- Working with Data Sources
- Tools for Capturing and Analyzing Data
- Analyzing and Reporting Data
The cost of this training course includes all course materials.
Certification / Credits
Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs.
The CIW Data Analyst Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW Data Analyst Specialist exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Data Analyst Specialist certification.
Contact this provider
Corporate College, a Division of Cuyahoga Community College
Founded in 2003, Corporate College offers Northeast Ohio businesses and individuals professional training and development, along with state-of-the-art meeting and conference space at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights and Corporate College West in Westlake. Whether you are engaged with...