Mastering Contract Management
The Contract is at the core of all commercial transactions and contracts management is a core competency of all successful organizations. The best organizations in the world understand the benefits of increased profits and higher productivity resulting from mastering best practices in the important phases of contract management.
This Mastering Contracts Management training course provides both strategic and practical insights into Contract Management, Negotiations, Price and Cost Analysis, Managing Risk through Contract Types, Critical Source Selection and Contractor Evaluation, Changes and Variations and Claims Disputes.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
All personnel who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, projects, specifications, contracts that cover any projects or contracts related to the procurement like Contract Professionals, Tendering, Purchasing and Procurement Professionals, Project Management Professionals, Engineering, Operational, Finance, and Maintenance Professionals.
Good Contracting and Procurement Practice
- Elements of a Good Contracting and Procurement Process
- Cost and Pricing
- Cost Analysis
- Allocating Overheads
- What is a Fair Profit
- Pricing Models
Contract Types and Payments
- Managing Contract Risk
- Contract Risk Sharing Continuum
- Implications of Contract Types
- Fixed Price and Cost-Reimbursement Contracts
- Innovative Contract Types
- Economic Price Adjustment Clauses
- Invoices and Payments
Source Selection and Contract Development
- Processes for Source Qualification
- Developing Pre-qualification and Tendering Criteria
- Rules for Drafting the Contract
- Terms & Conditions
- Forming the Contract
- Use of Performance based Contracting
- Role of Negotiation
- Negotiation —What Is It?
- Characteristics of a Good Negotiator
- Essential Rules of Negotiation, Part 1 – A Quote is Never a Concrete Number
- Essential Rules of Negotiation, Part 2 – The Best Prepared Wins
- Essential Rules of Negotiation, Part 3 – Have Many Issues and a BATNA
- Negotiation Tactics
Contract Administration and Close Out
- Post Award Functions – Overview and Responsibilities
- Contract Administration Duties
- Scope of Work Variations
- Force Majeure
- Contract Close-Out
Certification / Credits
- Developing negotiation skill sets to achieve the organization's objectives
- Discussing important aspects of price and cost analysis
- Differentiating contract types and how they transfer risk
- Explaining how to deal with volatile materials pricing and contract risks
- Evaluating Performance-Based Service Contracting Methods
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...