Fleet and Transport Management
Fleet and transport management includes many functions, including vehicle finance and maintenance, vehicle tracking and tracing, driver management as well as fuel and health and safety management.
Transportation is an important process of thesupply chainand ensures raw materials reach manufacturing sites and finished products reach the customer in time. This training fleet and transport management course will empower you with a complete understanding of fleet and transport management. Through this course, you will not only manage the fleet and transport for your organization well but also introduce enhancements and positive changes.
This course will also equip you to work with various software applications to increase the efficiency and accuracy of fleet and transportation management.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Those involved in any function of materials and supply chain management (Fleet Management and transportation) who are concerned with successfully providing acceptable customer or user service at a minimum cost. This course is also appropriate for anyone who needs to know more about the role of materials transportation management.
Objectives of Fleet Maintenance Management
- Keep vehicles on the road
- Reduce vehicle operating costs
- Maintain vehicle resale value
- Comply with regulations
Benefits of Fleet Management Systems
- Improved dispatching, additional jobs
- Fleet report automation
- Improved vehicle fuel efficiency
- Improved fleet safety
- Improved insurance benefits
- Improved customer satisfaction
Fleet Management Advantages
- Time management
- Fuel management
- Better customer service
- Employee satisfaction
- Reduced insurance costs
- Savings on maintenance costs
Benefits of Transportation Management Systems
- Reduced freight expenses
- Deliveries real time
- Improved customer service
- Improved warehouse efficiency and productivity
- Improved supply chain efficiency
Elements of a Fleet Safety Program
- Driver identification
- Management commitment
- Careful driver screening, selection and training
- Driver management
- Accident management
- Written policies and procedures
- Plan for vehicle inspection, repair and maintenance
Components of a Transportation and Distribution Plan
- Introductory material
- Health and safety guidelines
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project description
- Existing and future conditions
- Work zone impact assessment
- Work zone traffic management strategies
- Contingency plans
- Implementation costs
Fleet Skill Tests
- Road accident types
- Vehicle selection and replacement
- Vehicle selection criteria
- Own or contract analysis
- Vehicle replacement analysis
- Capital budgeting techniques
Fleet Manager Responsibilities
- Fleet maintenance management
- Driver selection and management
- Driver upskilling and training requirements
- Data analysis and ideation for fuel operational efficiency
- Unscheduled maintenance and road calls
Certification / Credits
- Understand fleet and transport management.
- Master the required skill, confidence and experience to increase process efficiency and accuracy.
- Understand how to audit existing transportation processes and make enhancements for overall efficiency
- Acquire the confidence, experience and knowledge to train others on effective fleet and transport management.
- Contribute to on-time delivery of raw materials and/or finished products.
- Evaluate effectively drivers and transportation means to ensure sustainability and consistency in good performance
- Manage risks and address challenges to help seamless transport and movement of material from one stage to another
- Understand how to ensure employees safety for fleet and transport management
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...