This half-day course provides an insight into the importance of effective supplier relationship management (SRM), as an approach for engaging with suppliers on a level that reflects the priorities of the organisation. It will explore different types of relationships, the attributes that contribute to an effective relationship and outline the importance of supplier development to the organisation. This content of this course complements the Contract Management course, where this topic is also explored in a wider context.
Agenda Day 1
- The buyer-supplier relationships
- Roles and attributes of an effective supplier relationship
- Supplier development
Review of the Day
Course delivery details
- Your skills training will comprise of online learning and a tutor-led session.
- Online pre-learning and course materials will be available on the CIPS Learning Mangement System up-to one month ahead of your training session and should be completed before day 1 and day 2.
- The virtual classroom will open 15 minutes before your session.
Certification / Credits
What will I learn?
As part of this course, you will have access to pre and post work activities online to help you prepare and reflect on your training. Since Covid 19 strong SRM has become even more essential to unlocking value. This course will explore the importance of establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships and the benefits that this will bring to all parties, as well as the importance of continually developing suppliers, to realise benefits.
What are the learning objectives?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline different buyer & supplier relationships
- Describe the attributes that contribute to an effective relationship
- Outline the importance of supplier development
Why choose CIPS?
95% of our students tell us that CIPS qualifications are the standard for the profession
Professionals with MCIPS on average earn 20% more
Contact this provider
We are CIPS, the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
A global membership organisation driving positive change across our profession. CIPS are the voice and standard, defining and amplifying best practice across all our worlds. We help build capability within organisations. Diagnosing, troubleshooting and training. We’ll work with your organisation...