This two-day workshop will strengthen your skills to convey technical information in plain language, so that your documentation is easy to understand and easy to follow for the reader. You will learn and practise key concepts, critique samples and review checklists. With the tools and techniques provided, participants will be equipped to plan, write and edit technical documents, working their way through the writing process to convey complex or technical information clearly and exploring how to determine an audience’s needs as well as strategies for editing various documents.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider for more information.
- North America
Who should attend?
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Determine the needs of various audiences
- Plan a writing project
- Organize the time needed to create different types of documentation
- Write in plain language, avoiding the use of highly technical terminology
- Create step-by-step procedures that enable a user to complete the task(s) safely and correctly
- Create front-end sections for procedures
- Leverage headings and chunk information to increase readability
- Use diagrams, tables, lists, examples and analogies effectively to convey technical information
- Develop clear process descriptions, as needed
- Edit a document to improve logic flow, consistency, grammar and punctuation, etc.
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...