Introduction to Quality Management Course
Gain an introduction to continuous improvement that blends concepts from ASQ’s Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence and Certified Quality Improvement Associate bodies of knowledge with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria.
This course has been developed to equip participants with the quality management principles, techniques, tools, and skills for on-the-job applications useful in a wide range of businesses and organizations, including service, manufacturing, government, education, and healthcare. Although this course was not developed as a certification refresher, this course will help seasoned professionals review key Quality Management elements.
Who should attend?
This course has been developed for those who would like to use QM framework and proven approaches and tools to be more effective on the job.
Introduction and Basics
- Focusing quality on getting business results
- Management systems (Baldrige and ISO 9001)
- Quality evolution
- QM goals and core values/principles
- Using a learning and action log to increase class value back on the job
Leadership, Organizational, and HR Issues
- Communicating and learning styles
- Motivational concepts
- Management theories and styles
- Organizational structures
- Team evolution, roles, and making teams effective
- Mager's model for analyzing performance problems
- Training needs analysis, development, delivery, and improvement
- Kirkpatrick's four levels of evaluating training effectiveness
- Strategic planning and deployment model
- Mission, vision, values
- SWOT, gap analysis, and benchmarking
- Long and short-term goals
- Setting and implementing plans
- Current examples - balanced scorecard, policy deployment, scenario planning
Customer and Market Focus
- Market segmentation and customer knowledge
- Determining and deploying customer needs, including QFD
- Customer survey feedback process
- Methods to depict survey results graphically
- Customer relationship enhancement
Information and Analysis
- Managing by facts - the foundations
- Assuring the reliability of measures
- Statistical thinking
- Process control with control charts and determining the capability of a process to meet specifications
- Analysis of data
- Maintaining the current state
- World class improvement process
- Supplier quality management
- Project management
- Getting improved results
ASQ Members pay $2,189.
In addition to scheduled dates, this course can be delivered as an in-company training for your staff. Request information to learn the details.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
Certification / Credits
This course has been accredited for:
- CEU Hours: 3.4
- ASQ RU: 3.4
Compare and contrast the Baldrige model for business excellence vs. ISO 9001:2008.
- Be able to understand a strategic planning and deployment process for improvement, performing a SWOT analysis and reviewing current models/tools such as balanced scorecard, scenario planning and Hoshin planning/policy.
- Develop aligned goals, long-and short-term objectives and plans, for their functions.
- Understand current practices in customer and market requirement definition, satisfaction/retention, and product and process design, including completing a QFD relationship matrix.
- Know when and how to use fundamental QC and QA elements to control, correct and improve processes and products. Includes the use of a problem solving process and quality tools, control plans and charts, process capability, audits, supplier quality management, documentation, calibration, and measurement quality.
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...