Corrective and Preventive Action - 1-day classroom course
This program will help delegates in learning how to leverage corrective and preventive action for improvement in a quality management system to benefit their organizations. The course will help delegates in gaining an in-depth understanding of how to conduct corrective & preventive action (CA/PA) in response to non-conforming product or services. They will learn about proven methods and approaches for ensuring problems are adequately contained, and then prevented. The program also covers roles and responsibilities, including supplier responsibilities for defining, acting on, and closing CA/PA issues. Delegates will also learn how to define the problem, assess conditions for root causes, define proper actions to contain and prevent the problem, and then develop a plan to deploy those actions. Common methods, including the 8D approach, are covered and tools for performing incident and root cause analysis, and the use of various CA/PA checklists, are provided. The program makes use of both case studies and participant situations to apply the methods, tools and checklists during the course. Delegates will leave the course with a thorough understanding of a systematic, tool-based CA/PA system.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for quality managers, production supervisors, account managers, purchasing staff, quality technicians, and owners of a company’s CA/PA system.
Introductions & Goal Setting
Taking a "quality-in" approach
- Benefits and key principles
- Self-assessment on “quality-in” behaviors
Key concepts of CA/PA
- What is the root cause standard?
- 5 Whys
- Poka Yoke
- Selecting proper root cause countermeasures
- Getting buy-in from others for CA/PA discipline
Using the 8D and 3D approaches to CA/PA
- Main steps of 8D and 3D
- Checklists for key stages
- When to close an open CA/PA
- Tips and recommendations for success
- Case studies
- Participant situations
ASQ members pay $799.
In addition to scheduled dates, this course can be delivered as an in-company training for your staff. Request information to learn the details.
Certification / Credits
By completing this training program delegates will be able to:
- Understand the vital quality principles that drive proper CA/PA.
- Determine when to initiate formal corrective action, and when not to.
- Craft clear and actionable problem statements.
- Explore sample CA/PA systems and records for best practices, and for potential weaknesses.
- Learn how to use a team approach to CA/PA.
- Make use of various tools to perform process-based root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed actions to contain and prevent the problem.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement in the participant’s organization that can be acted upon after the course.
ASQ - American Society for Quality - Professional Training Courses & Certification
ASQ (American Society for Quality) is an international community of individuals committed to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members around the world, ASQ has the reputation and reach...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...